- Run the Vendor Portal installer on the web server.
- Step through the installer welcome screen, prerequisites and license agreement as shown below.
- Select the components to be installed, as outlined below:
- Vendor Portal will install Vendor Portal web files.
- Configure IIS Website will create and configure a web instance within IIS that points to the installed web files.
Choose the Install Location for Vendor Portal web files. A separate Portal website installation must be completed for each SAP Business One company.
After pressing Install, wait a few minutes while the web files are created.
Configure Vendor Portal to connect to the previously installed B1WebAPI. The Username and Password were set up during installation of B1WebAPI, which should be used here.
If there are multiple B1WebAPI profiles, the profile must be referenced in the field marked “Address”. For example, DEMO profile would be configured with the URL: http://servername:4033/DEMO. If no profile is specified in this screen, the first B1WebAPI profile will be used.
If the option to Configure IIS Website was selected, the following configuration screen will be displayed. Enter all details as described below. For a typical install, ensure “Name” is unique and leave the remaining settings as default, then press okay.Important: Firewall Rules may prevent access to the website. Ensure that the website and firewall rules have been configured so the website is accessible to the target audience.
- Generate New Website will create a new website within IIS for Vendor Portal. Default settings can be used. Name must be unique, so if multiple installations are needed, make sure all have different names, for example: Vendor Portal Prod versus Vendor Portal Test.
- Use Existing Site will associate Vendor Portal with the selected IIS website.
- Virtual Directory settings can be configured to use the root existing virtual directory, or to create a virtual directory within the IIS website. The default is to use the existing virtual directory.
- Complete the installation by pressing the Finish button, shown below.
- Confirm that the Vendor Portal website has been successfully installed by opening the website.
Currency ISO Code Setup
Currency ISO codes must be assigned in SAP Business One for all currencies. If a currency doesn't have an ISO code assigned to it, then Portal websites will not display currency signs properly ($, £, €, etc.). If the website is not displaying currency symbols, then check the ISO codes for each currency, as described below.
- In SAP Business One, go to Administration > Setup > Financials > Currencies.
- For each currency, select a currency ISO code from the ISO Currency Code drop-down.
- For each currency, ensure the International Code contains a valid ISO Code, such as USD or CAD and not a symbol such as $.
Web Config using the Manager Add-On for SAP Business One
For most installations, there is one setting required: Ensure Vendor Portal Web Address is configured to point at the installed Vendor Portal website URL. See marker 2 in the screenshot below.
This setting can be found in SAP Business One under the menu option: zedSuite Manager > Administration > Vendor Portal Config.
For a field-by-field description of other optional Vendor Portal Web Config settings, see Technical Reference: Vendor Portal Web Config Reference
Once installation and basic configuration has been applied and Logging has been configured, visit the Vendor Portal Administrator’s Guide. This provides walkthroughs of advanced configuration and admin tasks.